We are all incredibly dismayed at the images and news coming out of Ukraine. We hold all involved in our prayers. Together with Pope Francis, we have held our Ash Wednesday liturgies with the prayer intention that there will be a movement towards peace and reconciliation.
- Learning Mentor hub will now be open from 8.30am, in addition to break time and lunch.
- Our Chaplain, Mairie, is usually in the chapel before school and at break and lunch.
- The chapel is available for times of quiet prayer and reflection, or to light a candle for a special intention.
- There is a ‘post box’ outside the chapel for prayer requests or requests for a chat.
- Our Drop-in email, which proved very helpful during lockdown, is still active. Parents or students can access: firstname.lastname@example.org (monitored 9.00am to 3.00pm)
We have already seen the local Ukrainian and Polish communities mobilising to collect supplies that will be travelling overland from this weekend. Sadly, this will be an on-going need and we will send out information next week with information about St Nicholas’ plans to help with immediate need.