At St Nicholas Catholic High School, safeguarding our students underpins everything we do and we are proud of the recognition that it has received for its safeguarding practices.
What is Safeguarding?
It can be difficult to accept, but every child can be hurt or put at risk of harm or abused. Government guidance says that safeguarding means:
- Protecting children from maltreatment
- Preventing impairment of children’s health or development
- Ensuring that children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- Taking action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcome
- “the action we take to promote the welfare of children and protect them from harm is everyone’s responsibility. Everyone who comes into contact with children and families has a role to play.”
Working Together to Safeguard Children (2018)
The School’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy can be found here .
Should you have any safeguarding concerns regarding a student at St Nicholas Catholic High School please contact the Designated / Deputy Safeguarding Leads as follows:
- Designated Safeguarding Lead: Mr D Johnson, Assistant Head Teacher
- Deputy Safeguarding Lead: Mrs Lisa Burton, Safeguarding and Welfare Officer
firstname.lastname@example.org – Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
- Deputy Safeguarding Lead: Mr Ashley Evans, Learning Mentor, Safeguarding and Welfare Officer a.evans@@st-nicholas.cheshire.sch.uk – Thursday and Friday
The School Governor linked to Child Protection and Safeguarding is Chris Mottram.
For contact details please refer to Mrs Vicky Hill email@example.com Tel: 01606 706 000
Useful websites and resources
Cheshire West and Chester Local Safeguarding Children’s Board: www.cheshirewestlscb.org.uk
Services for Children and Families in Cheshire West and Chester – The Local Offer
A new website that provides comprehensive local information, advice and support for families is now available: www.westcheshirelocaloffer.co.uk